The goal of the project is to foster the development of an environment that will stimulate the increase of civil participation on national and European level by increasing the civil organizations' capacities and establishing effective civil society infrastructures. The specific aim of the project is to create Civil Resource Centers that will gradually develop into a common European Civil Resource Center. They will have the characteristics of a civil resource center on European matters, assisting the processes of civil capacity building for effective participation in the European policy-making processes.
- To motivate and support NGOs and local authorities with regards to planning and strategic management of the project cycle of the "Europe for Citizens" Program;
- To support the development of Europe-centered profile of functioning resource centers in the 7 EU countries in terms of resources, experience and knowledge, and build synergy among them;
- To establish and develop the capacity (knowledge and skills) of the citizens, so that they are capable of actively participating in the policy - making processes;
- To develop long-terms partnerships among the different stakeholders (NGOs, local authorities, research centers) and enhance their knowledge of their own key importance as active civil moderators for the Program;
- To promote inter-cultural dialogue and European values, such as democracy, active civil society, citizenship, through the application of interactive innovative methods to popularize the Program.
The action foresees 7 steps, having impact both on local and European level:
Following the partnership-building phase, the process is planned as follows:
- Coordination meetings between the partners;
- Creating a methodological strategy for building civil resource centers;
- Creating national resource centres and networks among the target groups;
- Conducting national trainings for representatives of the target groups in the project management of the program;
- Creating an international resource center for civil assistance and coordination;
- Organizing an international meeting between representatives of both the target groups and the European Commission and creating a statement with the best practices from the program;
- Organizing information activities for disseminating the objectives and results of the project activities and the resource centers. Promoting the program.
Increased know - how in the project planning cycle area among the current and potential users of the Programme. The established seven resource centers will be the starting point for further promotion of the programme and development of innovative projects and new partnerships. In long terms the trained potential participants in the Programme and the established civil centers will lead to direct benefits for the local communities through the realization of qualitative and successful projects.