The European resource center is an independent resource center for European questions aiming at and functioning based on "partnerships" as instruments for establishment of trust and self-confidence within the citizens; that will help with the solving of concrete problems; that will educate, connect organizations with similar activities and serve as an "information portal". The European Civil Resource Center is an independent virtual and real center for citizens and NGOs that will present information and expert reports on European issues with stress on the "Europe for citizens" program and help with the building of partnerships for joint realization of campaigns of common interest.
- Supports the development of a civil sphere by stimulating the dialogue in the society for finding mutual solutions of important problems;
- Helps the citicens to use the instruments for civil participation on European level and overcome the information deficit;
- Helps the citizens and NGOs to effectively participate in the processes of policy-making and application of their own rights as European citizens by addressing the information deficit and buiding partnerships on local and European level.
The center should motivate and support civil participation in European issues, build a capacity (skills and knowledge) in that direction, and work for the improvement of the conditions for civil participation in the country and on European level througt the methods and techniques of the "Europe for Citizens" program and other related programs and initiatives:
- Supports the development of the civil sphere by stimulating dialogue in the society for finding mutual solutions of important problems;
- Helps the citizens to use the instruments for civil participation on European level and overcomes the information deficit;
- Helps the citizens and NGOs to effectively participate in the processes of policy-making and application of their own rights as European citizens by addressing the information deficit and building partnerships on local and European level.
The goal of the project is to foster the development of an environment that will stimulate the increase of civil participation on national and European level by increasing the civil organizations' capacities and establishing effective civil society infrastructures. The specific aim of the project is to create Civil Resource Centers that will gradually develop into a common European Civil Resource Center. They will have the characteristics of a civil resource center on European matters, assisting the processes of civil capacity building for effective participation in the European policy-making processes.
Structure of the European Civil Resource Centre:
- Real - based in the resource center in Sofia, Bulgaria with a network from the national resource centers, NGOs, local and national institutions and authorities, citizens and civil organizations, that will ease the access to the services in the most isolated settlements and reach the most vulnerable groups of the population.
- Virtual - interactive web platforms with information about the conditions and mechanisms of the "Europe for citizens" program - conditions, participation, mechanisms, documents, information (data base) for good practices, opportunities for financing civil initiatives, data base of international and national organizations/partners, other resource centers and information points of the Program, forum and selection for questions and answers, news, contacts. The printing of a bulletin or a newspaper is offered as an additional source of information.